To protect the sponsorships of our existing sponsors and to be able to work with our advertising partners, all sponsorships must abide by these guidelines and standards:
Illegal Products or Services - Sponsors' links must not constitute, facilitate, or promote illegal products, services or activities. Links targeted to minors must not promote products, services, or content that are inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, or that exploit, mislead, or exert undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
Discriminatory Practices - Sponsors must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition.
- Tobacco Products - Sponsors' links must not promote the sale or use of tobacco products and related paraphernalia.
- Drugs & Drug-Related Products - Sponsors' links must not promote the sale or use of illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs.
- Unsafe Supplements - Sponsors' links must not promote the sale or use of unsafe supplements, as determined by Flannel Ball in its sole discretion.
- Weapons, Ammunition, or Explosives - Sponsors' links must not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- Adult Products or Services - Sponsors' links must not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, except for links for family planning and contraception. Links for contraceptives must focus on the contraceptive features of the product, and not on sexual pleasure or sexual enhancement, and must be targeted to people 18 years or older.
- Adult Content - Sponsors' links must not contain adult content. This includes nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
- Third-Party Infringement - Sponsors' links must not contain content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights. To report content that you feel may infringe upon or violate your rights, please check these details.
- Sensational Content - Sponsors' links must not contain shocking, sensational, disrespectful or excessively violent content
- Personal Attributes - Sponsors' links must not contain content that asserts or implies personal attributes. This includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person’s race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or practices, gender identity, disability, medical condition (including physical or mental health), financial status, membership in a trade union, criminal record, or name.
- Misleading or False Content - Sponsors' links, landing pages, and business practices must not contain deceptive, false, or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers, or methods.
- Controversial Content - Sponsors' links must not contain content that exploits controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
- Non-Functional Landing Page - Sponsors' links must not direct people to non-functional landing pages. This includes landing page content that interferes with a person’s ability to navigate away from the page.
- Surveillance Equipment - Sponsors' links may not promote the sale of spy cams, mobile phone trackers or other hidden surveillance equipment.
- Grammar & Profanity - Sponsors' links must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers, and letters must be used properly.
- Nonexistent Functionality - Sponsors' links must not contain images that portray nonexistent functionality.
- Personal Health - Sponsors' links must not contain "before-and-after" images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results. Ad content must not imply or attempt to generate negative self-perception in order to promote diet, weight loss, or other health related products. Links for health, fitness or weight loss products must be targeted to people 18 years or older.
- Payday or Cash Advance Loans - Sponsors' links must not promote payday loans, paycheck advances or any other short-term loan intended to cover someone's expenses until their next payday.
- Multilevel Marketing - Sponsors' links promoting income opportunities must fully describe the associated product or business model, and must not promote business models offering quick compensation for little investment, including multilevel marketing opportunities.
- Penny Auctions - Sponsors' links may not promote penny auctions, bidding fee auctions or other similar business models.
- Counterfeit Documents - Sponsors' links may not promote fake documents, such as counterfeit degrees, passports or immigration papers.
- Low Quality or Disruptive Content - Sponsors' links must not contain content leading to external landing pages that provide an unexpected or disruptive experience. This includes misleading ad positioning, such as overly sensationalized headlines, and leading people to landing pages that contain minimal original content and a majority of unrelated or low quality ad content.
- Spyware or Malware - Sponsors' links must not contain spyware, malware, or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
- Automatic Animation - Sponsors' links must not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a person's interaction or expands within Flannel Ball after someone clicks on the link.
- Unauthorized Streaming Devices - Sponsors' links must not promote products or items that facilitate or encourage unauthorized access to digital media.
- Circumventing Systems - Sponsors' links must not use tactics intended to circumvent our ad review process or other enforcement systems. This includes techniques that attempt to disguise the ad's content or destination page.
- Dating - Sponsors' links for online dating services are only allowed with prior written permission. These must adhere to the dating targeting requirements and our dating quality guidelines found here. In order to be a registered dating partner, please fill out this form to begin your application process.
Real Money Gambling - Sponsors' links that promote or facilitate online real money gambling, real money games of skill or real money lotteries, including online real money casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed with prior written permission. Authorized gambling, games of skill or lottery links must target people 18 years or older who are in jurisdictions for which permission has been granted.
Online Pharmacies - Sponsors' links must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Sponsors' links for online and offline pharmacies are only permitted with prior written permission.
Supplements - Sponsors' links that promote acceptable dietary and herbal supplements may only target people who are at least 18 years of age.
Subscription Services - Sponsors' links for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to our subscription services requirements.
Financial Services - Sponsors' links promoting credit card applications or financial services with accredited institutions must clearly provide sufficient disclosure regarding associated fees, including APR percentages transaction fees, within the ad's landing page. Links promoting loans or insurance services must not directly request the input of a person’s financial information, including credit card information.
Branded Content - Sponsors' links promoting branded content must tag the featured third party product, brand or business partner using the branded content tool. Branded content within links is defined as a creator or publisher's content that features or is influenced by a business partner for an exchange of value. When promoting branded content integrations, advertisers must use the branded content tool (please learn more here on how to tag the featured third party product, brand or business partner).
Student Loan Services - Sponsors' links promoting student loan services must be targeted to people 18 years or older. Sponsors' links must not promote misleading or deceptive services related to student loan consolidation, forgiveness, or refinancing.